Lawnmowing / Gardening Contractor
We have a permanent casual position available 1-2 days per week in the South East Suburbs – Dandenong based – Flexible working hours
We require a local person 1-2 days per week to help with our predominantly commercial mowing business in the south east suburbs. The hours of work are normally 7-8 hours daily with starting times from 6.30 am and finishing as late as 5.30 pm. Normally early starts in warmer months but often later starts in winter.
Requirements & Responsibilities
- Have a Police check and Working With Children Check.
- Have PPE including Hi-Vis work wear and wet weather gear.
- Have knowledge of OH & S and confident filling out required daily paperwork.
- Have a clean drivers licence and some experience towing large trailers.
- Be skilled, quick and competent with a whipper snipper including doing vertical edging.
- Have experience with hedge trimming including extended hedgers.
- Be capable and competent with general mowing, pruning, gardening, grounds maintenance including basic cleanliness and maintenance of all equipment used.
- Be meticulous with your work whilst sometimes working to very tight schedules.
- Have good communication with the general public.
- Enjoy working in a team environment and also autonomously
This would suit a local contractor who would like 1-2 days regular work all year whilst building their gardening business.Someone who is fit and healthy and thrives on outdoor work in all weather conditions. Someone who is experienced enough to handle the bulk of whipper snipping, general gardening and hedge trimming on these 2 days.
We are a small family business and have been operating in residential and more recently commercial lawn mowing since 1994. We operate through the south east suburbs of Melbourne and based in the Dandenong area.
For the right person we will offer you some of our residential enquiries as they come in from our website and phone. (No charge) We will also help you with all the general business building from experience we have gained over the last 25 years. Get paid to learn on the job from someone who is continually doing it in the real world.
Gardening and Landscaping Services Award 2010.[MA000101].
Published 28 June 2020.
Pay rates change from 1 July each year …
Apply Now !
Please send a cover letter and your resume together with the current business you operate