We have a permanent casual position available 4-5 days per week in the South East Suburbs – Dandenong based – Flexible working hours
The work is a mix of residential and commercial lawn mowing and gardening. It requires 2 days working in a local specialist school assisting teachers with the school horticulture program. You will then work by yourself 1-2 days per week with the other days/s working in a team of 3 on larger sites. You will need to have completed a minimum certificate III in horticulture, love working with children and have a genuine interest in this field of work.
You will be responsible for the planning (with teachers) and maintenance of the school vegetable gardens (850 square metre site) fruit trees, roses and hedging plants on both campuses. Other general gardening work will also be required as well as some maintenance at various school sites during school holidays.
Requirements & Responsibilities
- Have completed a minimum Certificate III in horticulture.
- Have a Police check and Working With Children Check.
- Have PPE including Hi-Vis work wear and wet weather gear.
- Have knowledge of OH & S and confident filling out required daily paperwork.
- Have a clean drivers licence and some experience towing large trailers.
- Be skilled, quick and competent with a whipper snipper including doing vertical edging.
- Have experience with hedge trimming including extended hedgers.
- Be capable and competent with general mowing, pruning, gardening, grounds maintenance including basic cleanliness and maintenance of all equipment used.
- Be meticulous with your work whilst sometimes working to very tight schedules.
- Have good communication with the general public.
- Enjoy working in a team environment and also autonomously
This would suit someone who is fit and healthy and enjoys outdoor manual work in all weather conditions. Someone who powers through the work when busy and during high growth periods but still able to maintain good standards. Somebody who has the drive and determination to learn, know and do my job in years to come!
Maybe you have run or are running your own business and don’t have enough work all year round. Maybe you have worked in the industry before and now only seek part time work. This is not seasonal work. It is regular and ongoing for the right person.
We are a small family business and have been operating in residential and more recently commercial lawn mowing since 1994. We operate through the south east suburbs of Melbourne and based in the Dandenong area.
If you are inspired to make a difference and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter explaining why you are a perfect fit for this role, together with your resume.
Gardening and Landscaping Services Award 2010.[MA000101].
Published 28 June 2020.
Pay rates change from 1 July each year …
Apply Now !
Please send a cover letter and your resume together with previous courses studied.