Full Time or Part Time Position
We require a local person 3 -5 days per week between Monday to Friday but occasionally Saturday mornings to work in our predominantly commercial mowing business in the south east suburbs. This could be full time or part time depending on your needs. The hours of work are normally 8-9 hours daily with starting times from 6.30 am and finishing as late as 5.30 pm. Normally early starts in warmer months but often later starts and finishes in winter.
Requirements & Responsibilities
- Have a Police check and Working With Children Check.
- Have PPE including Hi-Vis work wear and wet weather gear.
- Have knowledge of OH & S and confident filling out required daily paperwork.
- Be experienced with equipment maintenance
- Be skilled, quick and competent with a whipper snipper and especially vertical edging.
- Be skilled, quick and competent with hedge trimming including extended hedgers. Also be comfortable working on platform ladders.
- Be meticulous with your work whilst sometimes working to very tight work schedules.
- Be capable and competent with general mowing, pruning, gardening, grounds maintenance including basic cleanliness and maintenance of all equipment used.
- Be capable and confident with soft landscaping.
This would suit someone who is fit and healthy and enjoys outdoor manual work in all weather conditions. Someone who powers through the work when busy and during high growth periods but still able to maintain good standards. Somebody who has the drive and determination to learn, know and do my job in years to come!
Maybe you have run or are running your own business and don’t have enough work all year round. Maybe you have worked in the industry before and now only seek part time work. This is not seasonal work. It is regular and ongoing for the right person.
We are a small family business and have been operating in residential and more recently commercial lawn mowing since 1994. We operate through the south east suburbs of Melbourne and based in the Dandenong area
Full Time Position
We require a local person full time 38 hrs per week between Monday- Saturday morning. You will be working with the business owner on small commercial jobs, residential houses and some schools. Hours of work are usually between 7am – 5.30 pm. Early starts during warmer months & later starts during winter and rainy days. Flexible hours or part time work can be arranged while studying
- Have a desire to work in the industry with some previous study at school or tafe with a further ongoing commitment to study/tafe required at your own expense. Government subsidized training may be available
- Live local to Dandenong
- Have some experience using hand mowers, whipper snippers, leaf blowers and hedge trimmers.
- Must be able to demonstrate some proficiency using these machines to an acceptable level.
- Be committed to safe work practices and have some knowledge of OH & S.
- Have appropriate PPE and wet weather gear–Safety boots-Orange High Vis Top-Glasses/Hats/Ear muffs.(reimbursed)
- Be capable of working in Melbourne’s sometimes extreme weather conditions.
- Be fit and healthy, have common sense and the ability to follow orders and get on with the job.
- Have a clean driving licence or be close to obtaining one.
- Be an Australian resident.
- Pass a Police Check and WWCC
To be considered for this job you must show you can meet much of the criteria above.
We are looking for a person that has the drive to run their own business one day. For the right person we anticipate in 3 to 5 years you would take over the day to day running of the business with the owner assisting part time approximately 20 hrs per week. To do this we require at least a cert 3 in parks and gardens completed to a high level. At this time you will be on a negotiated salary plus bonuses. We require the successful person to have drive and determination, to go that little bit further when the going gets tough, to have that keen eye for detail and know how to complete that work within the restrictions of a tight budget at times. Flexible hours or part time work can be arranged while studying
CERT 3 PARKS & GARDENS
Entry requirements: Prior to enrolment or commencement of training you will be required to complete a literacy and numeracy assessment and a pre-training interview. These will assist with determining your suitability to the course, verify your training plan, and identify any learning support needs.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
You may be able to shorten the length of your chosen course by measuring skills acquired through work, life experiences or qualifications obtained from formal studies or training. AQF qualifications and statements of attainment issued by another registered training organisation will be recognized.outcomes
QUALIFICATION AND RECOGNITION
On completion you will receive the AHC31016 Certificate III in Parks and Gardens.
Graduates can further study
- AHC40416 Certificate IV in Horticulture
- AHC50416 Diploma of Horticulture
- AHC50616 Diploma of Landscape Design
- Local government gardener
- Horticultural technician
- Grounds maintenance
- Private garden maintenance
Gardening and Landscaping Services Award 2010.[MA000101].
Published 28 June 2018.
Pay rates change from 1 July each year …
Apply Now !
Please send a cover letter and your resume together with previous courses studied.